Matt Henry to star in Shakespeare’s Globe’s The Two Noble Kinsmen
Matt Henry, who won an Olivier Award for his role as Lola in the original West End cast of Kinky Boots, will play Pirithous. Henry also recently awarded an MBE for services to musical theatre in the Queen’s New Year’s Honours list.
The cast also includes:
- Paul Stocker (as Palamon) whose previous credits include Trolius and Cerssida at the Globe and The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
- Bryan Dick (as Arcite); previous credits include Years of Sunlight (Theatre503) and Seminar (Hampstead)
- Jude Akuwudike (as Theseus); previous credits include The Cherry Orchard and The Lower Depths at the Arcola Theatre
- Moyo Akandé (as Hippolyta); previous credits include Flowers for Mrs Harris (Sheffield Crucible) and Only the Brave (Soho Theatre)
- Ellora Torchia (as Emilia); previous credits include Helena in All’s Well That Ends Well in the Sam Wanamaker Playhouse
- Sue Devaney (as First Queen); recent theatre work includes The Three Penny Opera and A Christmas Carol at Bolton Octagon
- Francescs Mills (as Jailer’s Daughter); recently seen in A Tale of Two Cities (Regent’s Park Open Air Theatre)
- The cast is completed by Andy Cryer, Melissa James, Kat Rose-Martin, Ellora Torchia, Jon Trenchard and Jos Vantyler
The production of John Fletcher and William Shakespeare’s play will be Rutter’s first since stepping down as the artistic director of Northern Broadsides, and runs from 25th May. It will have designs by Jessica Worrall and compositions by Eliza Carthy.
Photo credit Ard van der Leeuw (flickr)