Next week, Dee will release her debut album, titled Janie Dee at the BBC. It was recorded at the BBC’s Maida Vale Studios, and features numbers from musicals, as well as contemporary hits. The album is available to preorder at the Auburn Jam webstore now, and will be available to buy (digitally and physically at the National Theatre bookshop) on 2nd October.
You can exclusively hear Dee’s cover of “Somewhere Only We Know”, by British indie band Keane, below.
The track, which resembles Lily Allen’s well-known cover used for the 2014 John Lewis Christmas advert, features piano from MD Steve Clark, bass by Eric Guy, drums and percussion from Michael 'Ozzy' Osborn and backing vocals by Jordan Harrington and Luke Byrne. String arrangement, mixing and production is by Joe Davison.
Dee is appearing in Follies until January, and will launch the album with a number of gigs at Brasserie Zedel from 2nd to 4th October.
The full tracklist is as follows:
1. "Yes" (from 70 Girls 70 - Kander & Ebb)
2. "One Note Samba" (Antonio Carlos Jobim & Newton Mendonça)
3. "There Goes The Ballgame" (from And The World Goes ‘Round - Kander & Ebb)
4. "One Of The Boys" (from Woman of the Year - Kander & Ebb)
5. "Copytype" (Alan Ayckbourn and Paul Todd)
6. "Can You Hear Me, God?" (Spike Milligan and Cathy Shostak)
7. "Cigarette Scientist" (Spike Milligan and Cathy Shostak)
8. "Somewhere Only We Know" (Keane)
9. "Jardin D’Hiver" (Benjamin Biolay and Keren Zeidel)
10. "Isn’t She Lovely" (Stevie Wonder)
11. "Alfie" (Burt Bacharach and Hal David)
12. "Never Let Me Go" (Raymond B. Evans and Jay Livingston)
13. "Our Love Is Here To Stay" (George and Ira Gershwin)