Arthur Darvill and Harry Enfield cast in Genesis Inc at Hampstead Theatre
The play explores the privatisation of human reproduction, and focusses on a number of characters who utilise a company called Genesis Incorporated to aid them in having children. For instance, one couple see the company as the last role of the dice, while one woman decides to freeze her eggs while she focusses on her career until she finds the right man.
Harry Enfield will make his first appearance at the Hampstead Theatre as part of Laurie Sansom’s production, playing the roles of Dr Marshall, God, Karl Marx and Margaret Head. Enfield is best known his television work as part of a double act with Paul Whitehouse, as well as characters like Kevin (of Kevin and Perry).
The cast also includes Arthur Darvill, known for his role in the television series Doctor Who, and Laura Howard (Midsomer Murders).
The full casting is as follows:
- Oliver Alvin-Wilson as Jeff/Donna Summer/Ensemble
- Ritu Arya as Serena/Ensemble
- Kirsty Besterman as Daisy/Kiki/Serena’s Ovary 2/Hagar/Teenager/Nurse
- Arthur Darvill as Miles/Abraham
- Harry Enfield as Dr Marshall/Karl Marx/Ron/Margaret Mead/God
- Laura Howard as Bridget/Serena’s Ovary 1/Angel 1
- Shobu Kapoor as Mita/Serena’s Vagina/Angel 3/Grandmother
- Clare Perkins as Larissa/Sharon/Woman with Twins/Angel/Susan Sontag
- Arthur Wilson as Father Scales/Mortgage Advisor/Ishamael/Security Guard
The production, which runs from 22nd June to 28th July, features designs by Jess Curtis, lighting by Oliver Fenwick, compositions by Zara Nunn, sound by Gareth Fry, video by Ian William Galloway and movement by Georgina Lamb.