The show features Abba songs which are cleverly integrated into the story written by Catherine Johnson. Young Sophie who lives with her mother on a small Greek island is about to be married to Sky and wishes for her father to walk her down the aisle. However, she has a problem, who is her father? Her mother does not want to tell her and so Sophie reads her mother’s diary and discovers the name of three men who could possibly be her dad. Sophie secretly invites all three men... Read more
The international hit musical Mamma Mia! continues to run in London's West End at the Novello Theatre where it has been delighting audiences for 20 years after originally opening at the Prince of Wales Theatre in 1999. As one of the world's most successful and recognisable musical titles it leaves audiences on their feet night after night and has now been seen by over 54 million people around the world.
Featuring a host of hit ABBA songs including “Money Money Money”, “Take a Chance on Me”, “Does Your Mother Know” and “The Winner Takes it All” this irresistibly funny musical comedy follows an original story of love, friendship and the search for identity accompanied by a score of some of the most recognisable and uplifting pop music ever written.
The London production began previews on 23rd March 1999, with an official opening on 6th April 1999.
Set on a Greek island paradise, Mamma Mia! tells the story of the newly engaged Sophie who is determined to find out the identity of her father and invite them to her wedding. Without telling her mother Donna, she writes to the three possible candidates and they all arrive just in time to see her walk down the aisle. The only question is, which one of the three very different men is it?
Don't miss your chance to see the original London production featuring an incredibly talented cast of performers and musicians who bring this colourful and exciting story to life. Fans of the 2008 movie musical will be delighted to see the show in its original form, so escape to this idyllic island paradise and enjoy the West End's greatest party, and you'll be thanking ABBA for the music.
Book your Mamma Mia tickets, playing at The Novello Theatre today.
Mamma Mia! Songlist
- "Overture/Prologue" - Sophie
- "Honey, Honey" - Sophie, Ali, & Lisa
- "Money, Money, Money" - Donna, Tanya, Rosie, Pepper, & Ensemble
- "Thank You for the Music" - Sophie, Sam, Harry, & Bill
- "Mamma Mia" - Donna & Ensemble
- "Chiquitita" - Donna, Tanya & Rosie
- "Dancing Queen" - Donna, Tanya & Rosie
- "Lay All Your Love on Me" - Sky, Sophie, & Male Ensemble
- "Super Trouper" - Donna, Tanya, Rosie & Female Ensemble
- "Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)" - Female Ensemble
- "The Name of the Game" - Sophie & Bill
- "Voulez-Vous" - Ensemble
- "Entr'acte" - Orchestra
- "Under Attack" - Sophie & Ensemble
- "One of Us" - Donna
- "SOS" - Donna & Sam
- "Does Your Mother Know" - Tanya, Pepper & Ensemble
- "Knowing Me, Knowing You" - Sam
- "Our Last Summer" - Harry & Donna
- "Slipping Through My Fingers" - Donna & Sophie
- "The Winner Takes It All" - Donna
- "Take a Chance on Me" - Rosie & Bill
- "I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do" - Sam, Donna & Company
- "I Have a Dream" - Sophie
Mamma Mia! is set on the Greek island of Kalokairi where 20-year-old Sophie is preparing to marry her fiancé, Sky. As she dreams of her perfect wedding she wants her father to give her away, the only problem is she's never met him...After stealing her mother Donna's diary she narrows the options down to three men and writes to each of them inviting them to her dream wedding, without telling Donna her plan.
As Donna begins to prepare the Taverna for Sophie and Sky's wedding her friends Rosie and Tania arrive to join in the celebrations and reminisce about their days as a musical trip "Donna and the Dynamos". Guests begin to arrive and Donna finds herself face to face with Sam, Harry and Bill – the three options for Sophie's father, and the penny finally drops. As the drama begins to unfold, tensions rise leaving Sky and Sophie questioning whether or not a wedding is truly what they want, and the past comes back to haunt Donna. As old flames are rekindled, new relationships blossom and the wedding gets under way, which couple will end up walking down the aisle?