Theatre Royal Drury Lane
Built four times on the same site. The first building, 1663-1672. It was destroyed by fire on 25th January 1672; The second building, 1674-1791. Re-built by Sir Christopher Wren and opening on 26th March 1674 in the presence of King Charles II. It was demolished in 1791 because it was too small and out of date; The third building, 1794-1809. Designed by Henry Holland. Opened on 12th March 1794.This building burned down for the second time on 24th February 1809; The fourth and present building, designed by Benjamin Wyatt. Opened on 10th October 1812 with a performance of "Hamlet". The Theatre Royal, Drury Lane is currently owned by The Really Useful Group.