Walt Disney Theatricals brought their Tony Award nominated production of Aladdin the Musical to London's West End at the Prince Edward Theatre in May 2016. Since opening on Broadway at the New Amsterdam Theatre on 20 March 2014, the show has been enjoyed by thousands of audience members from around the world, bringing the colourful and memorable tale to life in a unique and dazzling way.
Directed and choreographed by Casey Nicholaw (The Book of Mormon, Something Rotten), the show leaps to the stage bursting with dramatic flair and boundless energy. The musical stays true to the original 1991 animated feature, and tells the story of Aladdin, a street urchin who meets and falls in love with Princess Jasmine. However, Jasmine can only marry a prince, but all is not lost as Aladdin owns a magic lamp, and with the help of its Genie sets out to win the hand of his princess in marriage.
The Aladdin the Musical cast in London includes: Matthew Croke (Aladdin), Jade Ewen (Jasmine), Trevor Dion Nicholas (Genie), Don Gallagher (Jafar), Nick Cavaliere (Iago), Irvine Iqbal (Sultan), Leon Craig (Babkak), Daniel de Bourg (Kassim), Miles Barrow (Omar).
The West End production of Aladdin is set to close at the Prince Edward on Saturday, 31st August 2019, so be sure to buy your tickets to see this magical show before it's too late.
Aladdin the Musical - Facts and Figures
* Each production uses 337 unique costumes designed by Tony Award winner Gregg Barnes. Each costume was handcrafted for the show, using fabric from 9 different countries including Morocco, Turkey, Italy, Germany and China.
* 1,428 Swarovski crystals are sewn into one chorus members' costume for the finale section of "Friend Like Me".
* The Broadway production of Aladdin features 84 illusions and effects, including the Genie appearing and vanishing and the memorable magic carpet ride which accompanies the song "A Whole New World".
* Composer Alan Menken has been nominated for 19 Academy Awards, and has won 8 - primarily for his work with Walt Disney Studios. Collectively, the creative team have won an amazing 17 Tony Awards for direction, choreography, set design, lighting design and music.
* Disney on Broadway is responsible for nine full productions, beginning with Beauty and the Beast in 1994, through to The Lion King in 1997, Aida in 2000, Mary Poppins in 2004, Tarzan in 2006, The Little Mermaid in 2008, Peter and the Starcatcher and Newsies in 2012, Aladdin in 2014 and Frozen in 2018.
Book your Aladdin tickets, playing at Prince Edward Theatre in London's West End, today.
Want to browse for more musicals? Check out our guide to the top 10 musicals in London.