The Birmingham Repertory Theatre in association with Bill Kenwright are presenting a new stage production of The Exorcist, adapted by John Pielmeier from the novel by William Peter Blatty. The prod...
From Page to Stage 2016 to feature Lin Manuel-Miranda Musical
The European premiere of Lin-Manuel Miranda’s 14-minute musical, 21 Chump Street will feature at From Page to Stage.
Katy Lipson for Aria Entertainment has announced the full programme for the From Page to Stage 2016, a season of new musicals at the Tristan Bates Theatre in central London which runs from 31 October to 20 November 2016.
The festival features new musicals chosen from over 130 entries, including Heart of Winter by Tim Connor, Bananaman the Musical by Leon Parris, Rehab by Grant Black, Murray Lachlan and Elliot Davis and the European premiere of Lin-Manuel Miranda’s 14-minute musical, 21 Chump Street.
The season is comprised of three rehearsed, semi-staged readings, two gala evenings and the showcase evenings, which will allow audiences to see two complete mini musicals as well as two 30 minute selections from musicals in development in one evening.
The shows chosen for this year’s readings are:
- Luna Park: Music by Hyeyoung Kim, Lyrics by Michael Cooper, Book by Daniel F. Levin, Additional Material by Michael Cooper and Hyeyoung Kim - a look at the partnership between Skip Dundy and Fred Thompson, the true fathers of the modern themed amusement park.
- Bananaman the Musical by Leon Parris - the live action debut of the much loved Man of Peel.
- Rehab by Grant Black, Murray Lachlan Young and Elliot Davis - a poptastic, rock bottom to redemption journey for one rock star after choosing rehab instead of prison.
The showcase evenings will include:
- The European premiere of 21 Chump Street by Lin-Manuel Miranda.
- Heart of Winter, music and lyrics by Tim Connor, story and dramaturgy by Lia Buddle.
- Family-friendly musical, Pollyanna, book and lyrics by Steven Gallagher and music by Linda Barnett.
- The Toyboy Diaries based on Wendy Salisbury’s book The Toyboy Diaries: Sexploits of an Older Woman, adapted for the stage by Simon Warne and Wendy Salisbury, with music and lyrics by Andy Collyer.
Producer Katy Lipson said of the news: “This year, From Page to Stage has chosen an exceptional group of shows that highlight the diversity and innovation present in new Musical Theatre. With over 130 shows submitted, we are so proud to have the opportunity to support and showcase these pieces and are looking forward to presenting them to industry and audiences alike.”
Tickets for all performances throughout the season are now on sale.